DryTide 50L Rainproof Travel Backpack
DryTide rainproof backpack combines the usefulness, versatility and comfort of a regular backpacks with rainproof capabilities of dry bags. Unlike the original DryTide waterproof backpack it CAN NOT be put into the water.
171 in stock (can be backordered)
DryTide rainproof backpack combines the usefulness, versatility and comfort of regular backpacks with waterproof capabilities of dry bags. Unlike the original DryTide waterproof backpack it CAN NOT be thrown into the water as it is not 100% waterproof. Apart from that it can withstand same conditions as the original waterproof version and is a cheaper option for people that are worried about the rain, but their gear is never in danger of falling into the water. Things inside the DryTide rainproof backpack will not only stay dry during a quick rain shower but also in much heavier conditions like long and heavy torrential rainstorms. With all this, DryTide backpack is still a proper backpack with pockets to organize your things, with shoulder straps and padded back, and a hip belt to help you carry it around.
All this makes the this backpack the perfect travel backpack for all that want worry free travel in rainy conditions.
- Heavy-duty and 100% waterproof material
- High frequency welded seams, no stitches in all vital areas
- Big 50l rainproof main compartment
- Internal removable laptop pocket with mesh pocket for small items
- Big back pocket with rainproof zipper*
- Smaller top pocket with rainproof zipper*
- Two side mesh pockets for water bottles
- Elastic strap on the back pocket
- Comfortable shoulder straps and back both padded with non water absorbing foam
- Hip belt
- Top handle
- Bottom loop for drying the backpack
- Backpack dimensions: 60 x 34 x 25cm
- Suitable for your carry on backpack if you are traveling by plane
- Enough room to pack everything you need for a few days
- Keep all your gear safe from water and dust while looking good
*it is normal for rainproof zippers to be harder to open and close than regular and splash proof zippers because rainproof zippers produce a much better and tighter seal
Rainproof vs. Waterproof version
With waterproof version all the seams are waterproof as the whole backpack is constructed using ultrasonic welding. With the rainproof version there are some stitches used on the padded back. This makes no real difference in heavy rains and similar condition, but if you put the backpack in the water – the stitches in the back are not waterproof. Both backpacks would float on water, but with the rainproof version water would slowly get in. If there is a chance that you drop the backpack into the sea or river or to be extra safe get a waterproof version. If you are going to use your backpack only for traveling or carrying wet gear then the rainproof version is more that enough.
Both backpacks also use same materials and are almost identical in design. The only design difference is that the waterproof version has extra side straps for attaching items to the side of the backpack or for compressing the backpack, while the rainproof version has buckles for closing the main compartment there instead.