During the last Sardinia trip Klemen took some time to make a review of the DryTide 50l waterproof backpack and go through the main features of the backpack. At the beginning you will also see what happens if you go snorkeling and diving with the backpack on your shoulders. Pro tip (not shown in video:) ) – put a huge rock inside your backpack or you wont be able to dive underwater. Backpack is filled with air and because it is waterproof and also airtight air can not escape. It’s like diving with a balloon on your back – impossible. We managed to solve this by putting a huge rock inside the backpack for extra weight and squeezing most of the air our before closing the backpack. And yes, the towel did stay dry after two dives we had to do to get the shot :)! Read More
I am excited to announce that we will be adding some new products to our waterproof gear lineup. Drybag with three different sizes and a duffel bag are already in the final sample production stage and should go into production soon. A smaller waterproof backpack is also being developed and the first sample is being put together. Read More
A short timeline shows how DryTide backpacks and DryTide brand was developed:
- Early 2017: research and feature development for the first backpack.
- April-May 2017: backpack shape, size and design; manufacturing process research.
- June 2017: backpack sketches and production details.
- July 2017: first sample is in production.
- August/September 2017: testing the first sample.
- September/October 2017: second sample in production.
- October/November 2017: second sample testing.
- December 2017: final sample production.
- January 2018: final sample testing.
- February 2018: production started.
- March 2018: DryTide backpacks production finished.
- April 13th 2018 DryTide Backpack Launched (short report from the launch event).
- July 2018: second version of the backpack with some improvements is being developed.
- October 2018: second, improved version of the backpack is now available + a cheaper simpler version as well.
- June 2019: DryTide tee’s added to the store.
- July/August 2019: Regular dry bags and a smaller version of the waterproof backpack are started to be developed.
One of our original needs to keep things dry came from our stand up paddle trips to Adriatic sea islands. Not many people do multi-day stand up paddle camping trips. We even did a blog with a few tips on how to do SUP trips it safely. But recently I got a chance to try sea kayaking. It is super fun. Because you are faster, you can cover greater distances and explore more coastline. The kayak is also much less affected by wind than a stand up paddle board so you are more independent. I mean, less dependent on weather. When doing sup trips you really have to be extra careful of the weather. Read More
Most of our travels take us places our DryTide waterproof backpack was made for. So going on surf trips, travels, kayak trips, beach hikes, snorkeling trips, stand up paddling camping… is not only fun, but it gives us a chance to keep testing the backpack. A few best shots from our recent trips were caught in this short edit. One of the fun ideas we had was going surfing with our backpack and our Mentawai islands surf boat captain and friend Guntur was more than happy to try it. Check it out! Read More
When we were looking for ways to showcase how the DryTide backpack can survive falling into the sea and floating on its surface we were among other things using a dome port. Dome port allows you to capture over under photos, photos where half of the photo is above the water surface and half of it is below it. This gives the photos a really unique look, it seems like you are peeking into the underwater world from the above. Photos like these really stand out from the billions of photos out there. It was a perfect tool to show how the DryTide backpack is comfortable in and out of the water. Read More
Everything is set up and the second generation of DryTide waterproof backpacks is ready for shipping. Improvements over the previous version of the backpack are numerous making this backpack even better than before.Read More
Second batch of our DryTide waterproof backpacks is now in production and backpacks should be ready for shipping in the second half of August. Second batch is not just a copy of the first one, quite a few things were changed, improved and further developed: Read More
A short video presenting the idea behind the DryTide waterproof backpack. Water covers 71 percent of planets surface. It is a source of life and fun. However, some things do work better when they are dry. Your clothes, phone, wallet, laptop, camera, snacks….they all need protection from the elements of nature. Introducing the DryTide backpack, first real waterproof backpack, that will keep all your gear safe and dry, no matte the weather. Walk into the storm with DryTide.
Camera&production: Alen Smola